Saturday, June 30, 2012

Regrets, I've Had a Few...

These bracelets no longer fit over my wrist.
I shot a bunch of enticing photos for a Threadflip listing.
As I was processing the photos, I started getting a sad feeling.
I remember when I first acquired them in the 80s, from Jone Pasha in Providence, RI [closed].
I looked at the stack of the ones that still fit me. Something was missing.
They just didn't look right.
The green! There is no green in the ones that fit!
So, no, I cannot split them up. My attempt at decluttering failed.
I don't regret it.
reunited
These are made of plastic cord wrapped around grass. From my brief internet searching, I believe they originate from Burkina Faso and the cording is recycled from prayer mats. [See this site]. Jone got them via Craft Caravan in NYC [closed]. They sold for $3, if I remember correctly.